Monday 7 May 2012

Fan Fic Vidiot

When it comes to making rob/kristen fan vids, I think I can pretty much make anything out of a couple clips & the right song. When it comes to fan fic vids, I'm often left pulling my hair out, groaning because I can't get my head around conveying the story correctly. Basically it's because I feel such a responsibility in honouring the author's intention and their characters, plus you need a fuckload of clips to work with, which is something I don't necessarily have. 

So when I see fan fic vids that rise above the norm, I'm always blown away and in awe. It's like putting a jigsaw puzzle together from pieces that belong to a hundred different puzzles. So every now and then I'll post up the fan fic vids that own me and are perfect companions to the actual work. 


Love is the End by melg0510



First one, well it's mine. I'm not blowing my own trumpet but I thought I would just put it out there. This fic is phoebes.promise's LOVE IS THE END. A gorgeous story & one that is very dear to me, as is the author.



Under the Apple Tree by digitalxtc73



Have you ever watched a fan vid and it's made you cry? Nope, never happened to me until I saw this fan fic video by digitalxtc73 for UNDER THE APPLE TREE. This video is a slow build, in a photo slide format but it is soooo freaking beautiful that by the end I'm tearing up. Digitalxtc73 hints at the fragility of Bella and vulnerability of Edward in a beautifully tender way. Doesn't hurt either that the fic is just so fuckawesome that you can't help but be moved. 

No comments:

Post a Comment