Sunday 6 May 2012

Hold Me Down by peristew


Not me. That's who this girl is. She is not me. And for the first time, Edward wants someone who is not me. The tequila sits at the bottom of my stomach and begins to grow tentacles. I am tequila brave.

I like this Bella. Right from chapter 1 I knew I could relate to this Bella. When things get tough have another shot of tequila and a cigarette, yup I definitely believe in this philosophy. The fic opens with Bella having to meet her 'boys' for their usual drinks catch up. Only tonight is different, tonight Edward is bringing his new girlfriend Kate which completely freaks Bella since this is an overt gesture that he is serious about this new girl. Whilst it's not fully explained yet, we get that Edward & Bella have intense history with each other. Bella has wronged Edward in someway and apparently has caused their separation but why and how?

Only 5 chapters in and I've got that twitchy feeling when I know this has the potential to be a rocking fic. I was hooked by the end of the first chapter (which rarely happens) and want more. Think you'll like it too.

"I fucking hate this," I blurt out. Word vomit. I look away as he hangs his head low, the cigarette dangling from his lips. He exhales and squints his eyes to look at me through the curtain of smoke.
"I don't know what to say," he whispers.
Say you forgive me. Say that you know that I can do better and that you're willing to really let me try. Say you love me so fucking much that you could throw away that pretty little thing in there and be with me again.
I don't say any of that. I move closer to him. He doesn't step back. We are so close that he has to take the cigarette out of his mouth to keep it from burning me. I move closer still. He doesn't move away but keeps his eyes down, focused on his feet. I can tell that he knows he should move somewhere, anywhere, because his breathing becomes labored. There is hesitation in his movements.
"Edward," I whisper pleadingly. Desperately.
He meets my eyes.
"Don't." He shakes his head.

Read it Here: Hold Me Down

No comments:

Post a Comment